2005年8月31日 星期三

◆ You are the one!


I know some of my friends have a good ability in English. Please correct any mistake of my paragraph. Thank you!!



---------------------------------------------------------------

        I take four courses this semester. One of it names "Hospitality Enterprise Technologies". It sounds like a very deeply and tremendous course. I think I can learn a lot form it.



        The first time when we meet with Professor Parker, he looks like a very self-confident man. He says that this course should be named in " e-commerce". Because he thinks this course is more correlated with e-commerce. WA! How attractive a course! I think I have made the right decision to take this subject. But when professor Parker introduced the syllabus, I know that I am totally wrong.



        The syllabus says: 

                Week 1: Introduction/WWW

                Week 2: Security/Word

                Week 3: Word

                Week 4: Excel

                ……

                Week 8: Powerpoint

                ……



        Oh! My god! They call such MS/Office course a graduate
prescribed course? At this moment, I decided to waive this class. Because it really wastes my money and my time.



        I talked to my advisor-professor Moll that I was majored in Information Management in college. And I am qualified to waive this course. Then professor Moll asked me to talk to professor Parker to see if he agrees me to waive this stupid course or not. And professor Moll will mention professor Parker this news later.



        Today, the second time of this course, I answer many questions that professor Parker asked during class. I think if I have to take this course, I really can get a good grade. Because I am one of the three person who answers his questions. He has strongly impression with me. After class, I talked to professor Parker about my opinion. The first word he says is: you are the one! Jay Lee, the Hong Kong movie star, had a movie named "the one", which means the only person who can rescue the world. When I heard professor Parker said such a word, I was so embarrassed and happily, because he makes me fell that I am so individually. HA! 



        Then he asked me some questions such as what program language I can write, what is IP address, and why the maximum number of IP address can't exceed 255? I don't know how to explain the third question, I only write "28=256" on a piece of paper. Then professor Parker says " you are perfect". HA! He doesn't know that if he asked more deeply or I can't answer. 



        After all, professor insisted that I have to take his e-commerce course next semester. He also wants me to join his team, and I can get the scholarship next semester. But there is a presupposition that I must improve my English in oral and listening. I think this is the most motivate power for me to talk to foreign classmates. You know how shy a girl I am.



~。~。~。~。~。~。~。~。~。~。~。~。~。~。~。~。~。~。~



       我這學期修了四堂課,其中有一堂叫做「Hospitality Enterprise Technologies」,聽起來好像是一堂很有深度的課,我想我應該可以從中學習到很多。



        第一次上課時,看到授課的Parker教授,他看起來就是一個很自負、好像懂很多最新科技的人。他還一直罵學校把這堂課亂命名,他說這堂課應該叫「e-commerce」的,因為他覺得課程的內容跟e-commerce比較接近。我原本就對e-commerce有興趣,經他這麼一說,我更覺得沒有選錯課了。但當Parker教授介紹他的課程大綱時,我發現我全然錯誤啦!



        大綱寫著:

                Week 1: Introduction/WWW

                Week 2: Security/Word

                Week 3: Word

                Week 4: Excel

                
……


                Week 8: Powerpoint

                
……



        我的天呀!他們竟狼把這種教你使用MS/Office的課列為研究所必修課?我當下決定要把這門課waive掉,因為他實在是浪費我的金錢和時間哪!我爸媽辛苦賺錢供我出國不是要我再修一次閉著眼睛就可以完成的Office文件!



        我跑去跟導師Moll談,跟他說我是資管系畢業的高帽子,我有足夠的能力與資格免修這堂課。結果Moll要我去跟Parker談,跟他說我的狀況,看他是否同意我免修這堂課。還提到說他會先跟Parker談談,因為Parker是個自視甚高的人,恐怕他會對我大吼大叫說是不是看不起他的課之類的。



        今天,是上課的第二天。在課堂上,我回答了好多Parker教授問的問題,我想如果我最終還是得修這堂課,我應該可以拿到不錯的分數,因為我是全班會回答問題三人之中的一個,我想他對我的印象應該還頗深的。下課後,我衝到講台邊,跟他說我的狀況。他開頭第一句話就說:「you are the one!」李連杰演了一部電影叫「救世主」,英文片名就是:「the one」。當我聽到Parker這麼說時,內心感到萬分的受寵若驚,因為他讓我覺得我是個很特別的人。就像是吃了爺爺給我的偉特糖,感覺特別開心一般。



        狼後他把我帶到討論桌上,問了我一些問題。像是會寫哪些程式語言,IP是要幹嘛的?要我念一組IP號碼給他聽,還問我為何每組號碼不能超過255?我不知道如何回答最後一個問題,只好在紙上寫著:28=256,結果他一看到,就說:「你真是太棒啦!」呵~教授不知道如果他問的再深入一點,我就完全不會了~(心虛中)



        最後,教授堅持我下學期一定要修他的
e-commerce課程,我跟他說那課對我而言是選修而非必修,而且實際上我有更有興趣的選修課預計下學期要修呢,但他還說希望我加入他的團隊,為他做事,明年還可以領獎學金。我只好苦笑著說:好好~謝謝老師。天曉得我對資管相關工作一點興趣都沒有,但是為了順利的waive掉這堂課,我只好硬著頭皮唯唯稱諾呢。不過教授講了一個很重要的前提就是,我的英文能力一定要進步,降子才可以進他的團隊。我想這是讓我主動和班上同學開口說話最大的驅動力了吧!因為我是個很怕生的人呢~羞~






2 則留言:

  1. 嘿我跟你一樣寫過一樣的話ㄟ

    回覆刪除
  2. 討厭~降子我會害羞啦~
    哪句話呀?

    回覆刪除